General info and rules
Helmets recommended, NO leashes, PFD MANDATORY
To pre register please sign up and pay at:
Late registration can also be done on site at 3:30pm on race day.
100% of proceeds will be donated to the Alberta River Surfing Association. The funds donated will be allocated by ARSA to build river surf/SUP waves in the Canmore area.
1. Racers will meet at River side park in Canmore, Alberta for 3:30 pm September 9/2017. Race start is scheduled for 4:30pm start.
Address for Riverside Park:
600 River Rd, Canmore, AB T1W 2E4
Parking is available on River Road, next to the park.
There will be a men's and a women's heat. Each heat will have a respective champion with a keg of beer as the official winning prize!
2. Racers will place their boards along the beach at river side park and return to the start line for race start.
3. Gun will sound at 4:30pm. Racers will run down to the beach and begin paddling.
4. Buoy tours: there will be 2 buoys placed along the river. Racers must complete a 360 degree turn around each buoy.
5. Finish line: Three sisters overpass will be the official end of the race. The race should take approximately 40 minutes to complete. Racers must complete race with both board and paddle in hand. When racers reach the 3 sisters over pass they must dismount their boards and run under the arch Way to complete the race.
There will be free shuttles for people and their boards back to the start of the race after the race is complete.
Camping after party will be at Bow River Campground in Canmore. It is located at the end of the race course. If you intend to camp over and stay for the after party please reserve a site ahead of time. If you want to hang out at the campsite and enjoy, feel free to do so!
Note**** Boards must be no longer then 11 feet***